You have escaped the cage. Your wings are stretched, now fly. -Rumi
Hi, I’m Kaylie! I am married to the most amazing man and together we have two beautiful girls and an adorable little boy. Being able to stay home with my sweet babes is the biggest blessing. I adore spending time with them, but life as a stay at home mom with three kids, 4 and under, brings its challenges. A lack of imagination and feelings of boredom from every day sameness began to creep in and made me realize that I needed to find something to let my creativity fly free.
The idea of wandering is something I’ve always been drawn to, and since becoming a mom, I really want to provide my little ones with the gift of adventure. I want to explore the world and show them all there is to see within it. I also love fashion. One of my favorite things to do is clear out my closet so that I can fill it back up again. Getting packages in the mail and showing off new pieces of clothing and accessories brings me such joy.
Making these things a part of my everyday life is something that I am determined to do, so I created A Tale of 5 Birds to help me turn my dreams into a reality. This will be my space to document our escapades and showcase my favorite brands and outfits for not only me, but my husband and children as well. It is my hope that this becomes a place for both me, and you, my readers, to come to find inspiration. Starting this journey of self expression gives me so much excitement and I hope you’ll follow along with me!
Some fun facts about me:
- I am 26 years old.
- I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, USA.
- I’m a very quiet person.
- Funny story: My husband assumed I didn’t like him after our second date because I didn’t talk very much, but I thought our second date was one of the funnest ones!
- Family is everything. Spending time with my loved ones is something I cherish.
- My hope is in Jesus Christ.
- I look for the good in everyone and always treat others with kindness.
- I love the Earth and am doing what I can to reduce our negative impact on it and live more sustainably.
- One way I’m doing this is by cutting out as much plastic from our lives as possible – especially single use plastics.
- I love supporting organizations that are on the mission to change the world for the better.
- I try to keep us healthy. We:
- eat real, nourishing food,
- use non-toxic beauty and hygiene products,
- and clean with homemade cleaners (they’re super easy to make and work so well!).
- When it comes to keeping the house (or anything, really) clean and organized, I’m an extreme perfectionist, which is not ideal with three little ones.
- Lists and schedules keep me sane & music and inspirational quotes keep me motivated.
- Some day, I would love to live on an acre or two so that I can have a mini golden doodle, adorable little ducks and a really big garden.
- I am obsessed with photos, so here are some for your viewing pleasure:
Thanks for reading!