You have escaped the cage. Your wings are stretched, now fly. -Rumi
Hi, I’m Kaylie! I am married to the most amazing man and together we have two beautiful girls and an adorable little boy. Being able to stay home with my sweet babes is the biggest blessing. I adore spending time with them, but life as a stay at home mom with three babes, 3 and under, has its challenges. Feelings of boredom and a lack of imagination made me realize that I needed to find something to let my creativity out.
The idea of wandering is something I’ve always been drawn to. I also love fashion. One of my favorite things to do is clear out my closet so that I can fill it back up again. Making these things a part of my everyday life is something I am determined to do so, I created A Tale of 5 Birds to help me accomplish this task. This will be my space to document our adventures, giving a viable excuse to go out and explore other countries. It, too, will be my space to showcase my favorite brands and outfits for not only me, but my husband and children as well. It is my hope that this becomes a place, for both me, and you, my readers, to come to find inspiration. Starting this journey of self expression gives me so much excitement and I hope you’ll follow along with me!
Some fun facts about me:
- I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest.
- All of the green foliage and pretty trees here amaze me, but I wish this came without the rain.
- I am 26 years old.
- I am a very, very quiet person which can cause people to think that I’m conceited, but I promise I’m not!
- Funny story: My husband thought I didn’t like him after our second date because I didn’t talk very much. I actually thought our second date was one of our funnest ones!
- Family is everything. Spending time with my loved ones is something I cherish.
- I try to keep us healthy. We:
- eat real, nourishing food,
- use non-toxic beauty and hygiene products,
- and clean with homemade cleaners (they’re super easy to make and work so well!).
- When it comes to keeping the house (or anything, really) clean and organized, I have terrible OCD, which is not ideal with three little ones.
- Antiques and home decor are always being added and changed around at my house.
- Some day, I would love to live on a couple acres so that I can have chickens and a really big garden.
- I am obsessed with photos, so here are some for your viewing pleasure:
Thanks for reading!